Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Look who's back...

Related image 

Back on my old blog (The Hesperado), I described many times what I called "the Rabbit Pack" as "that self-appointed high-school-clique-cum-lynch-mob of hall monitors who patrol Jihad Watch comments."  I so eponymized them after that particular critter because over time it had struck me that one of their gang leaders, "Angemon", resembled the Energizer Bunny (and Bugs Bunny) in his indefatigably sophomoronic sophistry he deployed in order to pester me for my comments literally hundreds of times in various commentis fields on Jihad Watch.

It wasn't so much the mere pestering that bothered me; it was what became increasingly evident -- that he was obsessed with pestering me in the name of a soft, nougaty approach on the problem of Islam, apparently offended by my tougher stance.

And several other long-time veteran commenters not only seemed to have no problem with his hundreds of quibblingly niggling attacks on me -- they generally provided him a supportive atmosphere (meanwhile avoiding my frequent pleas to help me out, goshdarn it!). Hence "the Rabbit Pack".

I participated in Jihad Watch comments for years and years, then finally left in weary disgust some time in 2016 or so (maybe a little later, can't remember; it's all a blur).

After I left Jihad Watch comments, I continued to read through them pretty much every day (not all of them, but those attached to interesting articles and/or those which had a high number of comments). Doing so, I noticed that the busy beaver of an Energizer Bunny, Angemon, all but faded from view. I surmised that what had kept him inspired all those years prior was his obsessive mission to zoom in and pester me; and once I left, he had no reason to live (i.e., to deposit his rabbit turds in comments fields on Jihad Watch).  In the last 2 years, I think I saw Angemon once.

Well, what do you know, the other day as I dipped into the comments field of a recent Jihad Watch article, whom did I see? 

And greeting his return were two illustrative members of his Rabbit Pack, one "Wellington" and one "gravenimage" (see my links above for more on these characters).

"Glad to see you back, Angemon. Very glad, since your rapier intellect is, to say the least, quite helpful in combating what Islam intends for us all."

"Agreed, Wellington.
I’m glad to see Angemon back posting, as well, and missed him when he was gone."

UPDATE: Well, in the past couple of months since I saw the reappearance of that once indefatigable Bugs Bunny, I've seen neither hide nor fur of that hare...  There is an Allah!

No comments:

Post a Comment