Monday, June 10, 2019

Faith Goldy is a Mooner...?

Image result for faith goldy cup of coffee

Not too long ago, I watched an interview with Faith Goldy (whom I've praised and defended before), well conducted by an interviewer I've never seen before -- Michael Malice on his show "Your [sic?] Welcome" -- eliciting many interesting things about her thoughts and opinions on sundry matters -- for example, at about the 30 minute mark, she recounted what it was like to be on the ground at the Charlottesville event in the summer of 2017, but still not being quite in touch with the mainstream media's spin as it was spinning out of control:

"I did not understand that the narrative had gone from 'right wing patriot rally in support of [Robert E] Lee statue' to 'literal Nazis killing people on the streets'.  I didn't realize that shift had happened."

At the time I thought to myself, "another good insight by Faith" and settled back for another half hour of more; when, at about 33:16, I almost did a spit-take of my decappuccino when she answered Michael's softball question --

"If you could live anywhere else on earth, where would you choose to live?"

-- by saying, with a straight face, parenthetically and sincerely:

"Definitively the moon. I think it would be great to be the first person that actually lands there."

I rewound it and listened again. Yep. She actually said that, and wasn't joking.  She's another Moon Landing conspiracy theorist, apparently (I guess we could call them "Mooners"...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment