Wednesday, September 11, 2019

One step forward, two steps back

Image result for two steps back cafe

Another September 11.

The Counter-Jihad Mainstream as usual is pointing fingers at the broader Western Mainstream for its failure, still, to wake up to the problem of Islam.

So, Robert Spencer puts up this headline on Jihad Watch today:

9/11 Commission top dogs say “terrorism needs to be prevented at the source,” ignore its source

Well, when the  Counter-Jihad Mainstream regularly invokes the term "political Islam" as the problem (see for example here, here, and here), rather than plain old Islam, are we that much ahead of the broader Western Mainstream...?

Over the years on my old blog, The Hesperado, I alluded to this trope many, many times.  For example, as I put it a little more than 2 years ago:

“ Robert Spencer, the éminence grise of the Counter-Jihad Mainstream (CJM), actually used the term 'political Islam' with a straight face.  That's how you know he's part of the CJM.  And he will remain so, comfortably and arrogantly, until enough of his civilian supporters call him on it (I wouldn't hold my breath on this).”  

A particularly good essay on this point (if I don't say so myself) I wrote a little more than 3 years ago:

Better Cops Watch, Cont.

No comments:

Post a Comment