Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Anniversaries of a dead blog...

Image result for anniversary cafe celebration

Over a year ago, I got the crazy idea to put up a one-year anniversary posting on my former, now long defunct blog, The Hesperado.  The only reason I wanted to do it was because I had found such an exquisitely juicy pic of Robert Blake giving the middle finger to the camera, but couldn't figure out what to do with it.  Then it hit me!  I can put up a belated "parting shot" exactly one year later.

That parting shot wasn't entirely out of the blue; when I had finally closed up shop there on February 3, 2018, and chosen a perfect pic of Ol' Blue Eyes (Frank Sinatra), three weeks later I felt the itch of not having completely said everything I wanted, so an equally perfect pic of Dean Martin served my really final goodbye, on February 21, 2018, well.   A year later, the Robert Blake pic went up.

Now another year has rolled by, and in the meantime, I've had another cool pic in my archives that has needed an outlet.  It dawned on me the other day: why not make this "Hesperado anniversary" a thing...?

It's less than three weeks away!  Be there and be square!

No comments:

Post a Comment