Wednesday, June 16, 2021

On deaf ears

 Green Café Voted Biggest Waste of Space in Ithaca | Campus Basement 

Over two months ago, I posted an appeal to the still disparate and unorganized community ("my Tribe" as some of us like to say) of people fed up with Covid who remain scattered around the world to at least take the first step and formally collect ourselves together into one place.

The Conundrum & Coordination of Counter-Covid Communication.

What I mean by "one place" is one website on the Internet.  As I put it:

...just set up a basic virtual home base where we all merely acknowledge that we have joined together. No other obligations, no other discussions. Just our names/nicknames + contact information (can be an anonymous email or a personal blog). Nothing else. 2nd step later.

Naturally, I've gotten zero responses.

* * * * * 

A closely related appeal, or invitation, I included in that posting -- namely, to have people visit my chat room on Paltalk:

Once we're all knowing we're together and we have a place somewhere on the Internet to hang our hats, so to speak, we can think about scheduling a global town meeting, using that place or some other platform.  I recommend a chat service called "Paltalk" where chatters can type text and converse vocally with mic chat.

To that end, I've had a notice in my pinned tweet on Twitter for months now (off and on, mostly on), calling the attention of anyone drifting by in Twitterland to my chat room on Paltalk called "Cut the Covid Claptrap".

* * * * *

Naturally, I've gotten zero responses.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment