Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Berensonite Wing of the (still inchoate) Anti-Covid Movement

 Le Mans : le bar Le Café Crème fermé pour deux mois | Les Alpes Mancelles 

My phrase "still inchoate" I used many times on my old blog, The Hesperado, to refer to another movement similarly dis- (if not un-) organized: the Anti-Islam Movement -- so much so as to be virtually non-existent. 

At any rate, that's not why you called. On this blog here, I've written many essays on the inconsistency/incoherence of Alex Berenson's approach to the problem of the Covid-Industrial Complex -- an inconsistency/incoherence that tends to have an effect of reinforcing the same damned Covid Narrative we (in the  [still inchoate] Anti-Covid Movement) are trying to dismantle.  If my 4.5 readers are interested, just scroll down from this posting (you may have to figure out how to get to older postings; one way to do it is to use the handy list on the right sidebar for previous months/years – but no need to go back before the summer of 2020).  One representative posting among those would be "Getting closer to pinpointing the Problem of the Berensonite Wing".

I’d decided a few months ago to wash my hands of Alex, after I’d dissected a few instances of his inconsistency/incoherence.  More recently, one of the Twitterers whom I follow happened to retweet Alex, and I noted again his penchant for underestimating the dimensions of the problem:

Walmart today: 90-10 masked/unmasked.

This is gonna take awhile.

To which I tweeted:

Berenson consistently over the past year has underestimated the mass psychosis factor of the Covid catastrophe, & has a blind spot for any indication of conspiracy, fallaciously assuming (apparently) that if there were a conspiracy, it would have to be of ridiculous proportions.

Surprisingly, he responded to my tweet, but after spending nearly a half hour rooting around my account and his, I could not find it.  It was a very pithy, snotty retort.  He basically said “that’s because I’m on Team Reality, not Team Conspiracy”.  A glibly tendentious response that begs the question.

But typical of Alex, in nearly the next breath, a few tweets later, he was implying some sort of conspiracy.  Thus, responding to a tweet by Paul Graham --

Some of the stealth edits that Vox made to its article debunking "conspiracy theories" that Covid-19 originated in a lab leak between its original publication in March 2020 and now

-- Alex tweeted:

And here [Vox] secretly changes an article about the lab leak theory to make it less embarrassing. The post-publication changes places like Vox and [the New York Times] are making to articles are Orwellian in the most basic sense and need to be called out relentlessly. [bold emphasis added]

 Then Alex whips back & flip-flops with this startling tweet:

 [Mike] Yeadon is surely a conspiracy theorist; he's calling the vaccines a mass depopulation effort. I've never talked to him but I've read about him; nothing in his history suggests he'd go this route. Which suggest the pressure of explaining the vaccine fanaticism has cracked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment