Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Counter-Jihad phone app?

Image result for telephone cafe"

A few doors down, I lodged a posting yet again recommending that those concerned about Islam in the West do something about creating an Anti-Islam Manual (A.I.M.) in the form of an app available on all devices (phone and computer most prominently, of course).

The main purpose of this A.I.M. app would be as a handy resource to use when engaging with all those Westerners around us in the West (sadly, still a vast majority, it seems) who have a pleasantly uninformed -- and/or an annoyingly misinformed -- understanding of the problem of Islam.

Among the multitude (if not plethora) of subcategories about which an A.I.M. would provide compelling data would be, as I wrote in that other posting a few days ago, the subcategory of "Muslims faking hate crimes against them".

I gave one example in that posting:

Finland: Muslim migrant politician admits he fabricated story about man who told him “go back to Somalia”

Since I posted that, several others have come to my attention, fairly easy to find (but not as ready and easy as it would be if already available in an app grouped together as a subcategory, to be accessed immediately at the push of a button or swipe of a finger):

Muslim arrested for throwing eggs at a Jewish woman and at a Jewish synagogue in Brooklyn

Germany: Muslim migrant soldier invents story of Germans kicking him and saying “Only Germans should wear uniform”

Minnesota: Man accused of assaulting Muslim says he has video proof attack never happened

Wisconsin: Muslima who claims discrimination because of her hijab exposed as a fraud

And, just now, days after I posted this, I noticed this headline, also clearly part of this subcategory of the problem:

UK: Man who used sledgehammer to smash windows of mosques turns out to be Shia targeting Sunnis

Over the years, there have been quite a few attacks on mosques in the West.  As Robert Spencer aptly  notes:

How many of these attacks on mosques were presented by the political and media elites as instances of “Islamophobia”?

Key for the function of this A.I.M. app would be to provide links to mainstream sources to back up any fact and/or interpretation presented, in order to try to circumvent the eye-rolling sneers that would be aroused upon seeing that a source was "Jihad Watch" or "FOX News" or "Breitbart News", etc. As the reader will plainly see (if they actually click on those links above), for the purposes of this posting today, I didn't go to that extra trouble, for this isn't the context to do so; here, I am merely performing a meta-analysis of this issue.  As a relevant aside, in my efforts to communicate this, that or the other appallingly alarming fact about Islam, time and time again I've run into people who sneer at my linking as a source for that fact "Jihad Watch" or "FOX News" or "Breitbart News", etc.   After I got fed up with this I would show them the (usually) mainstream news source used by Jihad Watch, etc., for the report. This doesn't mollify everyone in the audience; many of them (if not most) remain impervious to the data that should at least begin the process of changing their mind about Islam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment