Monday, May 20, 2019

"Barista-Terrorista, I'll have a triple decaf Counter-Jihadaccino -- and make it asymptotic, please, my doctor told me I need to double-virtue-signal more..." (Part 2)

Image result for imam tawhidi starbucks

Readers should consult Part 1 for details about what I mean by "asymptotic" and why I say Hugh Fitzgerald of Jihad Watch is so (indeed, as I noticed years ago, he sets the gold standard).  As I wrote some 10 years ago (in a comment to a reader on my old blog, The Hesperado):

I have noticed that Hugh has gotten closer and closer to the holistic position, yet still remains not quite there: above all other analysts, Hugh most epitomizes the exact meaning of my term "asymptotic", which means, in my rather loose rendering, "getting closer and closer but never quite arriving." In recent times, Hugh seems to hover about a razor's edge away from crossing over to the holistic position. Such a phenomenon is almost more curious than the ones who are further, and more comfortably back in the middle zone of asymptotic analysis, and makes one wonder even more pressingly why he doesn't just make the leap -- which in his case should be a rather casual step that shouldn't strain any muscles or break a sweat.

I should hasten to add that this was 10 years ago; in recent times (I can't date it precisely), I've noticed Hugh by minute increments shrink back from that "razor's edge" (i.e., decrease his opposition to Islam); a logical movement when one considers the dynamics of the asymptotic psychology (which I analyzed a bit in a posting nearly 2 years ago on The Hesperado -- see "Cognitive Dissonance", but scroll down some, or search for "asympt").

This is Part 2, where I examine the 100+ comments attached to Hugh's article where he seems to be giving a thumbs up to the "reformism" of Imam Tawhidi.

As I noted in Part 1, our old friend "The Big W" posted quite a few comments there, more than usual, and also as usual, every one of them is spot on.  And of course, with one solitary exception (from a commenter whose name I've never seen there before), no other Jihad Watchers took note of what he said, nor registered their approval.

Let's start by reproducing his comments all together, from among the comments field of that Jihad Watch article by Hugh on the supposedly "reformist" Muslim from Australia, Imam Tawhidi:

thebigW says 
May 16, 2019 at 5:02 am 

this Tawhidi snake ‘s taqiyya is working at keeping most of y’all’s reflexes soft against ALL Muslims. Your [SIC] his main target, and ya don’t even know it.

thebigW says 
May 17, 2019 at 11:28 pm 

Yep, as long as he follows MOHAMMED, Tawhidi can’t have his cake and eat it too (well he can if we let ‘im, and most of us are)

thebigW says 
May 17, 2019 at 11:36 pm 

“May be this Tawhidi is sincere, I don’t know, but as the situation is now, we can not trust anybody, but he came out with much more to try a better side than most people dare to come out with..” 

 That’s exactly what this snake wants you to think, he wants you to doubt and relax your vigilance, you guys INSIDE the Counter-Jihad. And it’s working, from what I can tell.

thebigW says 
May 17, 2019 at 11:41 pm 

Yep, these “reformer” Muslims are deployed to soften up the only part of the West that’s wisin’ up to Jihad, the Counter-Jihad (and for the most part, seems to be working). There’s over 100 comments here. 100% of ’em (including Hugh the writer) should be condemning this snake for his taqiyya. But notice they ain’t.

Then after our old friend "gravenimage" (a veteran Jihad Watch commenter and crossing guard & hall monitor of that high school clique-cum-lynch mob of the RSSS (Robert Spencer Sycophants Society) hastened to note of Imam Tawhidi -- "He is under constant death threat from more orthodox Muslims." -- Big W riposted appositely:

thebigW says 
May 17, 2019 at 11:57 pm 

Just ’cause other Muslims wanna kill him, don’t make him on our side.

thebigW says 
May 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm 

“Nothing this man [Tawhidi] says makes sense!” 

Member what Judge Judy says: “If it doesn’t make sense, it’s probably not true”. God bless her!

And speaking of gravenimage, she just had to comment that Tawhidi "probably is" "sincere", which Big W nicely knocked down:

thebigW says 
May 18, 2019 at 12:11 am 

“My main problem with Imam Tawhidi is that even if he is sincere–and he probably is–that he intentionally or not presents a false “moderate” Islam to Infidels.” 

you must think he’s pretty dumb that he can’t see what you and a lot of us Infidels can see. If he can’t see he’s presenting a false moderate version of Islam, he’s not just dumb, he’s got a brain injury. “and he probably is” sincere . LOL. you can’t see his taqiyya works — on YOU (and marc)

And speaking of "marc" whom Big W mentioned parenthetically, he's not merely a reader of Jihad Watch; he has been Robert Spencer's main tech person for the tech issues of Jihad Watch for at least several years (and as I noted on my previous blog, he was instrumental in getting me banned at least once from Jihad Watch). Of late, marc has been commenting more and posting more articles (from pretty much zero back in the day). A better glimpse into marc's psychology vis-à-vis the problem of Islam could not be had than this comment he made on this very thread we are examining:

marc says 
May 17, 2019 at 9:58 am 

I have a few friends who are muslim, from my childhood (a very long time ago) in London UK, they are cultural muslims, all are very clear on my zionist views, and are supportive to varying degrees, a couple have been to Israel as tourists, none would go to mosque unless they were dragged to some family event, they all pass a test my grandfathers taught me nearly 50 years ago, they all like dogs and will share a beer with me. they don’t all lie to their families about their non-observance. They obviously all reject scripture fully, but will still call themselves muslim at times, probably for their own safety. [bold emphasis added]

And wouldn't you know it, Big W noticed and deposited a zinger:

thebigW says 
May 18, 2019 at 12:21 am 

“they all pass a test my grandfathers taught me nearly 50 years ago, they all like dogs and will share a beer with me.” 

Well, Mohamed Bouhlel would pass your grandfather’s test, before he went on to mow down over 90 people in France. 

Mohamed Bouhlel, if readers would recall (and they should), was the Muslim who massacred over 80 people (and wounded over 200 more) in one day while they were celebrating Bastille Day (July 14) in the beautiful southern France town of Nice.  And how would Bouhlel have passed marc's grandfather's test...?  Read my posting from 3 years ago -- "Another smiling face..." -- and learn.

In Part 3, I'll examine comments on that thread by other Civilians of the Counter-Jihad Mainstream Readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment