Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Howdy Arabia

Related image

So much for the "Daily" in my blog name.  I took a look at how many postings I've put up here, and recently, it certainly ain't daily. January was pretty good: 23 postings. But after that there's a precipitous decline. February: 14; March: 6; April: 4.  But as I said back in August of last year in the posting that began my second life (after my soul left my body after "something snapped" back in November of 2015):

"I like the sound of The Daily Decaf..."

To which I added;

"...and also it refers to the daily attempts -- whether concerted, conscious, or semi-conscious and incoherent -- by our Western Mainstream and by the Counter-Jihad Mainstream -- to whitewash the horrible, toxic coffee of Islam we need to wake up to and smell."

Speaking of the Counter-Jihad Mainstream, I've written a lot about Hugh Fitzgerald -- a chief writer at that bastion of the Counter-Jihad Mainstream, Jihad Watch -- and his odd asymptotic twitches.  Indeed, if the reader just scrolls down from this posting, he will bump into at least two previous postings recently involving Hugh. Sometimes it becomes a fun puzzle game, when I see a new Hugh Fitzgerald article on Jihad Watch, to read it and spot the asymptotic swerve that, by now, seems inevitable.  But most of the time it is aggrievingly annoying.

A recent Hugh piece -- A Saudi Denounces “Obsessive Jew Hatred”; Allah Commanded Us To Love And Respect Jews -- was no exception, and involved that particular, peculiar linchpin by which his asymptotic tendency is triggered; namely, the Better Cop Muslim.  In this case, the Better Cop Muslim is the "Saudi" of Hugh's title, who recently made a show of castigating his fellow Arabs for being too anti-Jewish, and in this context insisting (with breathtaking -- but, alas, unsurprising -- chutzpah) that Islam provides no fertile soil for such Jew-hatred.  Moreover, in citing this Saudi Muslim approvingly, Hugh is also committing the related sin of "relying on the Traveler".

And wouldn't you know it, our old friend "Big W" was on hand to shine his inimitably blunt and incisive light on the problem:

thebigW says 
May 9, 2019 at 4:29 pm 

[quoting Hugh's approval of this "Saudi" Muslim]

“we ought to publicize that person, in the hope that others may emulate his example.” 

“But his sympathetic view of Jews, shown in his emphasizing the positive aspects of Muslim-Jewish relations in early Islam, should not be ignored.” 

What in hell is Hugh talkin’ about? He thinks this Muzzy ain’t lying? He’s obviously lyin’, there ain’t no “positive aspects” in the history of Islam from Day Freaking One. “Muslim-Jewish relations” like beheading hundreds of Jews and raping the wives of Jewish men they slaughtered? I’d like whatever Hugh is smokin’.

And this isn't the first time Big W took on Hugh; see, for example,  Let's see Hugh and Big W arm-wrestle!

Since I read that several days ago, I hadn't checked back until now and see that Hugh's article has accured a whopping 72 comments, a remarkable number for a typical Hugh article.  I'm almost afraid to dip in, for fear that I would find innumerable Jihad Watchers taking issue with our friend Big W if not attacking him for having the temerity to say anything negative about their sycophantically esteemed Hugh.  But what the heck, I will dip in and take a look-see.

Well, well, well: I see that Hugh himself actually responded to our friend the Big W...!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment