Friday, October 15, 2021

Good/Bad News


As I've mentioned many times on this blog here, I gave up my older, grander blog (The Hesperado) a couple of years ago (early 2018, to be precise; though I have since developed a "tradition" of posting one essay there a year) mainly because, camelback-broken-by-the-straw-wise, I had become so dispirited by the tertiary problem (of the "Problem of the Problem of the Problem") -- namely, the various flaws of the Counter-Jihad.

Since then, I slowly decreased my reading of Jihad Watch (which for me, involved poring through the comments as well, to imbibe and inhale what's going on amongst the Readership), until by the time of the protracted 2020 Election Coup, followed by the surreal Covid Catastrophe (which like a demonic Energizer Bunny, keeps going and going and going...), my concerns had shifted so much, I put all 3 Problems regarding Islam on the back burner.

Just for old time's sake, I thought I'd take a gander again at the ol' Jihad Watch.  I was pleasantly surprised, and then amusingly unsurprised, by a recent essay by Robert Spencer, Smoke and Mirrors: Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Doesn’t Actually Exist.  From that essay, and a few other mentions, I've noticed Spencer seems refreshingly to be on the right page, Covid-wise.  What pleasantly surprised me was how all the comments to that essay were also on the right page, quite radically so.  What  amusingly unsurprised me, however, was how few the comments were (a paltry 7, and it's been two days since the essay was published, so there's little to no likelihood any more will be lodged) -- and how none of the notorious "Rabbit Pack" weighed in.

1 comment:

  1. Diligent readers (defined as those who click on internal links and nose around once there) may notice that at The Hesperado to where my hyperlink "Rabbit Pack" here leads, wherever the phrase "Rabbit Pack" in those various essays appears, while it is hyperlinked, it leads only to a blank Google page. I think this is because the Advanced Search function, which used to work for my blog, for some reason at a certain point in time, no longer works.

    ReplyDelete